- Losing staff can be expensive and time consuming.
- How can you keep your staff engaged and retain your best people?
- What is effective and provides the best return on investment?
Your employees and staff are your most important asset. But what are you doing to ensure that your employees:
- Remain fully engaged and don't get bored?
- Stay with you and your organisation?
- Perform at their best?
The results from a recent series of studies showed that, "two thirds of employees globally are less than fully engaged by their work and organisation" 1
What this means for you:
- Your staff may not be performing at their best
- There may be a higher than average absenteeism rate
- Commitment to your organisation may not be as high as you would like
- Staff retention may not exist amongst your brightest and best.
The Opportunity To Give Employees What They Want AND What You Need
Help is available in the area that will have the greatest impact on staff engagement. The study mentioned above also found that a solid career development programme for employees is one of most effective things you can do to keep your staff engaged.
"Career development opportunities provide an important answer....Career development not only builds skills and capacities that can help organisations achieve their strategic goals, but also addresses the motivators driving employees to put their skills and capacities to optimal use...... By equipping employees to find greater challenge and meaning in their work, career development promotes engagement and enhances the performance of the individual and the organisation alike" 1
They must be an essential part of your business/ organisation development programme.
Ways In Which Career Clinic Can Help You
Career Clinic specialists are experienced in providing a range of career development services for organisations and individuals. We can:
- Help you conduct a skills and needs audit so you can develop an effective career development programme
- Work with you to develop and action this programme
- Work alongside employees and managers to develop individual career development programmes
- Train managers in the essentials of effective career development discussions
- Undertake regular reviews of your career development programmes
- Help to identify key people for your succession plan and put a plan in place to ensure that they are developed for the key positions of the organisation
Contact Career Clinic to discuss how we can help you engage your staff more effectively.
1.p3 Right Management (2010). Advancing Careers, Driving Results 2012. Retrieved from www.right.com/thought-leadership/research/default.aspx
Solid Career Development Programmes for Employees and Staff Provide a Win - Win Solution